Rudolfstrasse 14 10245 Berlin
Vacancy for a German and English speaking Senior Consultant on Business and Human Rights / Responsible Sourcing (minimum 5-7 years’ relevant experience), based in Berlin
twentyfifty ltd.Veröffentlicht: 09.11.2017
Closing date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017
If you are looking to work on human rights due diligence and responsible sourcing advising Fortune Global 500 companies and become part of a high-performing, committed and values-based team, please read on…
twentyfifty builds the capacity of global multinationals to understand and address their impacts, enabling them to lead change that benefits business and society. Founded in 2004, we are the most experienced management consultancy working in the field of business and human rights and social sustainability. We have a growing, dedicated and dynamic team of consultants based in the UK, Switzerland and Germany, and are operating with partners globally. In our work, we combine in-depth human rights knowledge, organisational development and change facilitation experience, engaging stakeholders in finding solutions to business problems.
Our client list is exceptional. We work with leading companies and their industry organisations in the extractives, energy, ICT, pharma, chemical, food and agriculture, technology, garment and tourism sectors. A large part of our work focuses on helping these companies to address the challenges of operating in and sourcing from emerging economies in a sustainable and rights-respecting way. We are a signatory of the UN Global Compact and the Women’s Empowerment Principles and were awarded the certified B Corp status.
For more information: www.twentyfifty.de.
Who we are looking for
twentyfifty is looking for a senior consultant to join our growing team in Berlin and contribute to the success of our consulting projects with global multinationals. You will have minimum of 5-7 years of relevant working experience in business and human rights / social sustainability / responsible sourcing, preferably in corporate or consulting roles. Experience in consulting or working with one or more of twentyfifty’s focus sectors is required. You are passionate about business as contributor to sustainable development, display a capability to identify, assess and develop practical responses to social and human rights impacts for our clients and enjoy the challenge of finding solutions to complex problems in implementing responsible business practices. You will have excellent knowledge of the business and human rights agenda and recent developments related to implementing the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in a business context. Ideally, you can bring deeper knowledge and experience in one or more specific areas: privacy, responsible procurement, worker engagement and/or modern slavery/forced labour to our projects.
You will have solid experience of interacting with clients and managing projects, and a willingness to further strengthen your skills in business development and consultancy sales. You enjoy working independently, ask for support where you need it, but also like to be part of a team. You will be well organized, results-oriented and capable of managing your time to contribute to several projects concurrently. You will be able to write succinct, structured and impactful communications and be comfortable speaking in front of clients. You have experience in delivering workshops and training for business audiences. Relevant fieldwork experience, or experience of working with potentially affected groups in a developing country is an asset. Certainly, you will have travelled to developing countries and be comfortable doing so. You are educated to master level or equivalent, which may include some formalized education in human rights. You have excellent written and spoken German and English (candidates not fulfilling this requirement will not be considered). Other languages will be an advantage.
Key tasks your role will involve:
- Manage and lead client projects under minimal supervision of our directors,
- Identify cooperation opportunities and pursue strategic partnerships for twentyfifty´s business development,
- Further the development of our methodologies for identifying and addressing human rights impacts in business operations and value chains and working with companies to integrate findings into business practices and monitoring,
- Building and maintaining relationships with potential clients,
- Develop project proposals and perform the sales process with clients,
- Managing your project work, consultants, associates and experts working on client projects, to ensure client needs are met and margins realised from project activities,
- Oversee and provide strategic input to projects managed by twentyfifty´s consultants,
- Develop and facilitate client workshops, multi-stakeholder events and training courses,
- Developing further expertise in an area relevant for twentyfifty’s portfolio (e.g. privacy, responsible sourcing, modern slavery/forced labour, worker engagement),
- Management and administrative tasks relating to the business,
- Communicating twentyfifty's work through different channels,
- Participating in thought leadership development and profile-raising activities for twentyfifty.
What we can offer you
- A permanent contract with an initial six-month probationary period,
- Competitive salary and participation in company bonus-scheme,
- Being part of a growing, innovative and exciting business, leading in its field and seeking to operate responsibly itself,
- An international team which is passionate about and committed to sustainability, human rights and systems change,
- Flexible and family-friendly working arrangements,
- Personal development and training opportunities,
- Participatory approach to business decision-making
To apply for this position please send a CV and a covering letter (highlighting any specialized knowledge or experience) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for the application is Wednesday, 29 November 2017. Interviews will be held in Berlin in the second week of December, and the start date will be January 2018. To access the job description on our webpage, please click here.
Bitte berufen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf JOBVERDE.
Anstellungsart & Berufserfahrung
Stellenanzeige als PDF zum Download
29 November 2017