Kontakt für allgemeine Anfragen:
CDP Worldwide (Europe) gemeinnützige GmbH
Potsdamer Platz 10785 Berlin
Engagement Manager DACH, Corporate Relations
CDP Worldwide (Europe) gemeinnützige GmbHVeröffentlicht: 01.02.2023
Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: January 30th, 2023
Envisaged starting date: February15th, 2023
CDP Europe is seeking a highly motivated individual to join CDP Europe’s Corporate Relations team. This is an exciting opportunity to engage with global multinationals around the disclosure requirements of their strategies to mitigate climate change, improve water security and tackle deforestation. We seek staff motivated to work with people, nurture relationships, contribute to major income streams such as admin fee and sponsorships, and generate leads for our membership programs, as well as interested in efficient processes and the application of our questionnaires and scoring methodologies to corporate sustainability success.
The role includes
- Lead CDP’s corporate engagement with high impact companies in the DACH region;
- Strategically engage with these companies to support their environmental management, CDP reporting, memberships and commitments;
- Ensuring high disclosure rates for all CDP programs in the region and generating leads for our membership (Supply Chain and Reporter Services) and commitment programs (particularly the Science-Based Targets initiative);
- Building/strengthening the relationship and collaboration with relevant local actors/networks/multipliers that can support CDP in pursuing its mission in the region; overtake speaking opportunities on partner events and webinars;
- Manage and develop these relationships along the CDP journey to environmental leadership, following CDPs strategic priorities;
- Input into and organize technical events, workshops; input into and support CDP Europe’s annual European Award Ceremony;
- Overtake responsibility within the team by e.g., mentoring junior colleagues, coordinating the implementation of processes or engagement strategies across the team, etc;
- Developing engagement strategies for one or more dedicated business sectors strongly present in the DACH region, such as chemicals, steel or similar;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks as required.
The successful candidate should have
- Fluent German language skills;
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written – minimum C1 level);
- Minimum BA/BSc degree or equivalent experience (Master’s degree preferred);
- 2 to 3 years of prior work experience in the corporate sustainability space in the DACH region (e.g. in a CSR department, an environmental consultancy, an NGO or similar); experience with working with external partners is a strong asset;
- Knowledge and previous work experience related to heavy industry sectors (such as steel, cement or similar) and/or the financial services industry are a strong asset;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes and related company challenges; knowledge of and experience working with environmental subjects, particularly climate neutrality, biodiversity and/or water security matters is a strong asset;
- Enjoy working with people and large corporations for a good purpose, excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and from different cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to take initiative, prioritise and work calm under pressure;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (in particular Excel, Word, Power Point) and CRM systems;
- Willingness to travel across continental Europe on occasion.
What we offer
- Competitive NGO Salary;
- 30 vacation days per year;
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Benefits such as the monthly contribution to public transport and Sports/Gym Membership;
- Mixed setup between working from home and from a modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages;
- Annual Bonus based on company performance;
- Non-contributory Pension: 8% annually of gross salary (after probation period).
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter and CV) in English, as a single PDF file addressed to Ariane Coulombe, Associate Director of Corporate Relations via our recruiting platform.
Before you apply - We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicant's privacy notice. By emailing us your application, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
Das bedeutet Nachhaltigkeit für uns
- Marketing, Medien, Kommunikation
- NGO & NPO
Anstellungsart & Berufserfahrung