Kontakt für allgemeine Anfragen:
The Good Food Institute Europe
Drève du Pressoir 38 1190 Forest
Research and Grants Manager (home-based)
The Good Food Institute EuropeVeröffentlicht: 04.08.2022
The Good Food Institute Europe (GFI Europe) is looking for a Research and Grants Manager to mobilize research funding to build a sustainable, secure and just food system.
GFI Europe is at the forefront of the movement to advance plant-based and cultivated (grown from cells) meat to help solve some of the world's biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger, to antibiotic resistance and animal suffering.
We need the best scientists in Europe to be engaged in plant-based, cultivated, and fermentation-made protein R&D. In this role, you will engage with scientists, universities, companies, research funding bodies, and policymakers across Europe to address this through two principal activities:
- ensuring that researchers gain access to research funding that is already available, and that applicants’ proposals address the highest priority technical questions, and
- mobilising more research funding for the sector.
To be successful in this role, these are the things that will matter the most:
- Demonstrated professional experience relevant to science research funding (but we are open minded as to what this might look like).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to tailor messages to relevant audiences.
- A strategic mind. You will be responsible for selecting the highest-impact opportunities for increasing the funding accessed by the scientific community across Europe.
You don’t necessarily need to have an advanced degree for this role as long as you have some background in a science or engineering field (BSc or equivalent), and have the ability to get up to speed with the science underlying the development of sustainable proteins.
- Full-time (flexible hours), permanent. Requests for part-time hours (0.8 FTE or above) can be considered – please state in your application.
- Home-based/remote from anywhere in Europe. We are happy to consider supporting costs for co-working to enable you to work from an office if you wish.
- Salary: We aim to pay local nonprofit rates for all roles so we will benchmark the salary and benefits according to the country where the employee will be contracted. We therefore can't indicate the salary in all countries. As an indicative example: if the employee were to be based in the UK, the range would be £38,000 - £44,000.
- Application Deadline: Sunday 31 July, 11.59pm CEST.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We value a diverse workplace and strongly encourage people of every colour, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply.
For more information about this role and to see the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please check out the full job description on our website (gfieurope.org/careers/research-and-grants-manager/). If you have any questions, join us for a live Q&A on 13 July at 12pm BST/1pm CEST: https://zoom.us/j/95613574899, with a link to anonymously submit questions here: https://forms.gle/tqi7Uji4vVReoDUL9
- Naturwissenschaften, Forschung, Entwicklung
- Bildung & Wissenschaft
- NGO & NPO
Anstellungsart & Berufserfahrung
mit Berufserfahrung, Absolvent/in
As the candidate wishes