Environment and Recycling specialist North Europe, based in Berlin 40h/week
The Federation for Associations connected to the International HUMANA PEOPLE TO PEOPLE MovementVeröffentlicht: 31.05.2019
The Federation Humana People to People is a not-for-profit organisation servicing 30 member organizations working in 44 countries across 5 continents. This network is dedicated to global development cooperation in the sectors of Education, Agriculture and Health.
The Federation Humana People to People is a seeking an Environment and Recycling specialist for North Europe to work with 7 of the Federation’s member organizations who are raising funds for global development cooperation in North Europe through collection and sale of second hand clothes.
The Environment and Recycling specialist North Europe shall assist the 7 member organizations to play a larger role in the integration of clothing and textiles in the circular economy, and assist them to prepare for the new waste regulation from EU applying to separate collection of all textile from 2025. This shall be done through research and investigation in collection, re-use and recycling of clothes and the regulative framework for the same, and by production of pamphlets, reports, materials for events etc. for both decision makers and the general public.
The registered office of the Federation Humana People to People is located in Geneva, while its operational headquarters is located in Zimbabwe. The Environment and Recycling specialist North Europe will be based in Berlin, reporting to the Federation’s Coordinator Europe North who is also based in Berlin.
The position is open from 1stof June 2019.
General description of the role
- Research on collection of clothing and textiles and how they can be re-used as clothes or recycled into materials that can enter various production processes. Research of efficiency and profitability of these processes in a market where the quality is declining to lower grades as the overall collected quantities goes up.
- Investigate and make proposals to influence the future regulative framework for clothes collection to benefit clothes being re-used.
- Assist North European HPP member organizations on environment and recycling with production of policy papers, pamphlets, flyers, reports and materials for exhibitions.
- Advocacy and networking about collection, re-use and recycling of clothes and textiles.
- Other tasks as may arise.
Qualifications and experience:
- Proficient writing and speaking in English.
- Computer skills with firm control of Microsoft Office Package.
- Knowledge and understanding of world issues such as social, economic, political and environmental subjects.
- Practical experience in collection, re-use and recycling of used clothes.
- Experience with researching governmental and European policies, statistical data, surveys, existing literature and online information and formulate findings and conclusions.
- Experience to meet with local and national government representatives and with European bodies in terms of the establishing cooperation on goals of common interest.
- Ability to formulate policy proposals within his field of work.
- Good organizational skills.
- Disciplined and self-driving.
- Good communication skills.
- Adaptability and ability to meet deadlines under pressure
- Interest in working in a dynamic and multi-cultural organization.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude to development and to Humana People to People’s work
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Please refer to JOBVERDE.
Anstellungsart & Berufserfahrung
mit Berufserfahrung,mit Auslandserfahrung
freie Mitarbeit / Projektmitarbeit